MongoDB 3.0.14 binaries for Raspberry Pi 3

8 Comments

[UPDATE: 26 August 2017 – The binaries referenced in this post only work with Raspbian Jessie!  If you have upgraded to Raspbian Stretch, get the newer binaries]

The mongoDB documentation at mongodb.com states that 32-bit binaries are deprecated with release 3.2 and will be unavailable in future releases.  The latest version with 32-bit support (i.e. R-Pi with Raspbian) is 3.0.14 as of March, 2017.  I have compiled MongoDB 3.0.14 for Raspberry Pi 2 and 3.  I needed a few tweaks to the build process I used to compile 3.0.9 and associated tools. Use the installation instruction in my previous blog post to install and run MongoDB 3.0.14 on R-Pi.  The only change is to download newer files.  I have compiled MongoDB and Tools with the SSL flag — so the SSL option is available.

You can download a gzip file of the MongoDB core binaries v3.0.14 from here.

md5sum: 46bf23049406f02f5379d1d286a5e4f3  core_mongodb_3_0_14.tar.gz

contains:

• mongo
  • mongod
  • mongoperf
  • mongos

You can download a gzip file of the MongoDB tools v3.0.14 from here.

md5sum: bc1ca8c3346758e338e0490548c6567e  tools_mongodb_3_0_14.tar.gz

contains:

• bsondump
  • mongoexport
  • mongoimport
  • mongorestore
  • mongotop
  • mongodump
  • mongofiles
  • mongooplog
  • mongostat

Installation and use instructions can be found in my previous blog entry: MongoDB 3.0.9 binaries for Raspberry Pi

SaveSave

8 Comments (+add yours?)

1. john3voltas
    Mar 30, 2017 @ 14:33:37

Thank you very very much, Andy.
    It was very kind of you to compile it for us.
    Thanks mate.
    Cheers

2. Stephane
    Apr 04, 2017 @ 05:17:20

Hello Andy, would you recommend to run mongodb with node.js to act as an HMI (small Industrial process display) to capture and display in realtime some monitoring points? Wandering about the load of MongoDB on the Pi3.

Thanks you 🙂

• andy
      Apr 04, 2017 @ 12:54:50

Stephane, the quick answers is, “sure!” The longer answer is, “maybe.” an R-Pi 3 certainly can run MongoDB and node.js — and fairly efficiently. I don’t think I would run both AND use a browser to view, on the same R-Pi. I would run Raspbian-Lite on the R-Pi in headless mode, maybe reduce Graphics RAM allocation and use an external USB drive for storage. I would view the node.js “output” in a browser on another computer. The input method of data and number/rate of transactions might also determine suitability of using an R-Pi. One of the cool (& useful) things you could do is have replication failover for your MongoDB DBs to other R-Pis. This is the configuration I run.

LMKif you have more specific questions.

– Andy

3. Magnus
    Aug 20, 2017 @ 11:39:39

Thanks alot Andy this was very helpful, i copied these binaries over in the directory on my DS215J synology NAS and it seems to be running as it should 🙂

4. Pradip
    Aug 22, 2017 @ 08:35:08

Thanks for this post.
    I have used this in my last project. However now I am working on latest RASPBIAN STRETCH OS.
    Any chances of you updating this post for RASPBIAN STRETCH in near future?
    I tried the existing instructions but no luck.

• andy
      Aug 22, 2017 @ 14:15:49

I’ll fire-up Raspbian Stretch and see what the issues are — and what I can do to address 😉

Andy